Are you DIY Nuts like us?
Hi! I am Erin, a self-proclaimed DIY Nut!
When I was a little girl, you could find me in the basement with every type of craft or DIY kit that we could find. My mom still probably has some of these creations in her basement. I guess I could say I was always A DIY NUT!
Luckily, I found a husband who encourages my projects and crazy ideas. Why buy something, when you can make it?
Creativity has always been a part of our life. We love the challenge of seeing something and figuring out how we can do-it-ourselves.
When we have been doing all sorts of projects we always say, “Hey, that would make a good blog post!”
Finally, we decided to take the leap and put ourselves out there. We are just two people turning our house into a home through a little sweat equity.
We love sharing our ideas with others. Because if we can do it, so can you.
We are a midwestern family that loves creating budget-friendly DIY projects to help make our house a home.
What Will You Find On The DIY Nuts?
- Practical and simple DIY projects for your home. Some will require power tools but are beginner-friendly DIY projects.
- Paint ideas for your home and crafts. We say it over and over that paint is one of those things that can make a huge impact on your space.
- Family-friendly ideas that include DIY ideas for holidays, parties and more.
- Opportunity to sign-up for our email newsletter to get DIY ideas emailed monthly directly to you.
We hope to inspire you to be creative and learn how you can make your house a home while staying on a budget! (If we can do it, you can, too)!
More About Erin, Eric & Our Blog
The “nuts” part of our website is a play on our last name and is a fun way to describe people who love DIY projects.
Don’t try to update everything at once. Painting is always a great home improvement project to tackle right away before you have to worry about moving furniture. Take your time and slowly figure out what will work best in your new space.
Here you can find some of our paintings DIY projects.
Sometimes DIY projects can get out of hand if you are not careful. However, our favorite DIY projects are ones that use materials, supplies and tools we already have. Once you build up your base of supplies, these DIY projects will not seem as overwhelming or expensive.
I hope you continue to come on this journey with us as we share ALL THINGS DIY!
We would love to hear from you about all your projects and creative endeavors. Share with us on Pinterest, Instagram, Youtube and Facebook! I can’t wait to be friends with fellow DIY Nuts!
- USA Today and Yahoo: Getting A Bigger House Should You Expand or Buy?
- Yahoo: 5 DIY Ideas For Your New Kitchen Backsplash
- Homes and Gardens: Common Ceiling Painting Mistakes To Avoid
- Yahoo Finance: Fastest Ways To Make an Extra $500 in October
- MoneyTalkNews: 16 Ways To Decorate With Things You Already Have
- Pinterest Creator Residency
What are some of our favorite DIY projects?
We are always a fan of using paint for easy home improvement ideas. From painting bathroom cabinets to using our favorite neutral paint green paint, we just love the fresh look of a newly painted space.