This list of DIY ceiling makeovers will make you want to redo that ceiling for your next home project. We love when ceilings are not just an afterthought and become a focal point of the room.
Don’t Forget The 5th Wall
They call the ceiling sometimes the 5th wall, and boy do people forget about it. I know we have overlooked this space before or haven’t really given our ceiling much thought. However, we do think a ceiling design can have a huge impact on your home decor.
The best thing about ceiling makeovers is that most of the time they can be a DIY project. If you haven’t looked at your ceilings lately, it might be time.
What can I put on my ceiling?
- Drop Ceiling with new drop ceiling tiles. You won’t believe all the different styles you can achieve and not have that old office building feeling.
- Tin Tiles
- Currograted Tin
- Paint-even just a fresh coat of ceiling paint can make the world of difference.
- Wallpaper (yes, wallpaper)
- Murals-think of a more modern mural and not the Sistine Chapel (unless that is your thing of course)
- Texture using classic plaster
- Different types of molding
- A real beam or a faux wooden beam to create that farmhouse feel
- Architecture details to create texture such as coffered ceilings
- Draped fabric
- Tongue-and-grooved wood for a textured look
- Decals that could go up the wall on the ceiling
Do you need help deciding what color of paint to use for your ceiling?
We recently just tried Samplize and it totally beats having to buy individual paint samples. These 12″ x 12″ samples will get shipped directly to you and save the hassle of clean-up (we loved that). Check out the brands you can get here.
9 Ceiling Ideas You Will In Your Home
Did this list inspire you for your next DIY project? Need home more ideas?
- 40 Epic DIY Shelves For Any Home Decor Style (with a few bonus shelving ideas added on)
- 9 Different Ways Getting Rid Of Honey Oak Will Modernize Your Home
From freshly painted ceilings to new wood-planked ceilings, these ceiling ideas are sure to make an impact!