DIY ceiling makeovers should be your next DIY home project
They call the ceiling sometimes the 5th wall, and boy do people forget about it. I know we have overlooked this space before or haven’t really given our ceiling much thought. However, we do think about the ceiling design, it has had a huge impact on our home decor.
The best thing about ceiling makeovers is that most of the time they can be a DIY project. If you haven’t looked at your ceilings lately…
it might be time.
What can I put on my ceiling?
1. Drop Ceiling with new drop ceiling tiles. You won’t believe all the different styles you can achieve and not have that old office building feeling.
4. Paint-even just a fresh coat of ceiling paint can make the world of difference.
5. Wallpaper (yes, wallpaper)
6. Murals-think of a more modern mural and not the Sistine Chapel (unless that is your thing of course)
7. Texture using classic plaster
8. Different types of molding
9. A real beam or a faux wooden beam to create that farmhouse feel
10. Architecture details to create texture such as coffered ceilings
11. Drapped fabric
12. Tongue-and-grooved wood for a textured look
15. Decals that could go up the wall on the ceiling
Do you need help deciding what color of paint to use for your ceiling?
We recently just tried Samplize and it totally beats having to buy individual paint samples. These 12″ x 12″ samples will get shipped directly to you and save the hassle of clean-up (we loved that). Check out the brands you can get here.
Don’t forget to pin for later!
Here are 9 ceiling ideas that you will want to try!
Ceiling Ideas We Love!
This list of ceiling ideas is sure to get your inner DIY wheels spinning. It is so easy to forget this 5th wall, but it can really have an impact on your space.
You will be amazed at what the right paint or primer (if needed) can help do for your room. Ceiling paint is always a great idea when you are on a budget! Just make sure you buy the right kind (we love SW Eminence Ceiling Paint).
The smallest spaces can really be modernized and updated with a new coat of ceiling paint. This small bathroom was cheaply updated and given a fresh look. Painting ceilings is not always a fun DIY project, but trust us, you will always be happy when it is done (and you won't believe how yellow or dingy your ceiling was before).
We have never loved a ceiling makeover more. Not only could we use easily install and cut these vinyl tiles, but they completely brightened up our space, If you have old drop ceiling tiles you really want to consider updating them today.