Are you looking for an eco-friendly way to wrap gifts this year? Don’t worry we have you covered. Learn how to create easy DIY wrapping paper from your leftover brown paper bags.
- Brown Bag
- Decorating Materials: crayons, paint, paint markers, ribbon or twine
How To Make Brown Paper Bag Wrapping Paper
Step 1: Remove Handles (if your bag has them)
Remove the handles and set them aside.
Step 2: Cut Down The Side Seam
Cutting on a seam will give you as much paper to work with as possible.
Step 3: Cut Out The Bottom Panel
Cut out the bottom and remove.
Step 4: Lay Paper Flat
Step 5: Decorate
Decorate your paper with a variety of materials. You can paint, stamp or just add twine to your wrapping paper.
Ideas For Decorating
Make Polka Dot Paper
Stamp with paint or use circle metallic stickers to create a DIY polka dot wrapping paper.
DIY Leaf Print Paper
Repeated Word Design Paper
Use a paint marker to write a personalized message on your DIY wrapping paper.
Use Kid Drawings
Allow your children the creativity to design the wrapping paper themselves.
DIY Wrapping Paper Out Of Brown Paper Bags
- Brown Bag
- Decorating Materials paint markers, crayons, stickers, paint or stamps
- Pull handles off the bag.
- Cut down the side seam.
- Continue to cut the bottom off the bag.
- Open the brown bag up to be flat.
- Decorate the inside paper of the bag.
Ways To Decorate Brown Bag Wrapping Paper
- Print leaves
- Circle stickers
- Kid drawings
- Painted patterns
- Paint markers
- Repeated words or personalized sayings
- Twine or Ribbon
- Homemade gift tags