Brown paper bag wrapping paper ideas
We love eco-friendly ways to give gifts and save money. We just finished making DIY leaf print wrapping paper last week and just wanted to keep going. Here are two extremely easy homemade wrapping paper ideas.
Why use brown paper bags?
Yes, you can buy butcher paper and get a flatter surface to start with. However, you know we love repurposing and upcycling furniture and other household items.
- It will save money.
- Recylce/repurpose what you already have.
- Better for the environment.
How to make homemade polka dot wrapping paper
This DIY wrapping idea honestly could not be any easier. Get the whole family involved in this fun gift wrap idea. These wrapping paper ideas definitely will allow your crafty side to come up without too much prep or time.
Circle Stickers (great for fine motor activities with kids as well)
Brown paper bag or Kraft paper
Fun bow, name tag etc. you can add later
How to make the easiest DIY wrapping paper
- Cut your brown paper bag or us butch paper.
2. Wrap gift like you normally would.
3. Place silver (or any colored) stickers around your box to create a DIY polka dot paper.
Make DIY word wrapping paper next
Gold paint marker
- Cut open bag.
- Repeat a word or words diagonally across the paper with a paint pen. Don’t worry about making the writing perfect. That is the joy of repitition!
3. Wrap the gift.
Where can I buy gold paint markers?
Our favorite brand is Sakura. Sharpie does make a version but we really like the paint pen markers. They can be a little expensive so here are a few places you can check the prices before buying. Trust me, paint pens come in handy for all sorts of DIY projects (did anyone say wine bottle photo holders).
Amazon (metallic group pack)
Walmart (2 pack)
Ideas for DIY calligraphy wrapping paper
- Name of recipient
- Holiday word (we used Merry)
- Word to describe reciepent
- Favorite saying
- Favorite song lyric
Need more ideas for DIY wrapping paper??? Check out 17+ DIY creative wrapping ideas in this post.