We love eco-friendly ways to give gifts and save money. We just finished making DIY leaf print wrapping paper last week and just wanted to keep going. Here is an extremely easy homemade wrapping paper idea you can customize with your saying or word.
Why use brown paper bags?
- It will save money.
- Recycle/repurpose what you already have.
- Better for the environment.
Yes, you can buy butcher paper and get a flatter surface to start with. However, you know we love repurposing and upcycling furniture and other household items.
- Gold Paint Marker
- Brown Bag
How To Make DIY Word Wrapping Paper
Step 1: Cut Open The Bag
Step 2: Use Gold Paint Marker
Repeat a word or words diagonally across the paper with a paint pen. Don’t worry about making the writing perfect. That is the joy of repetition!
Step 3: Continue Writing Across The Whole Page
Step 4: Wrap the gift.
Where can I buy gold paint markers?
Our favorite brand is Sakura. Sharpie does make a version but we really like the paint pen markers. They can be a little expensive so here are a few places you can check the prices before buying.
Trust me, paint pens come in handy for all sorts of DIY projects (did anyone say wine bottle photo holders)?
Ideas for DIY calligraphy wrapping paper
- Name of recipient
- Holiday word (we used Merry)
- Word to describe the recipient
- Favorite saying
- Favorite song lyric
Related Holiday DIYs
- 17+ DIY Creative Wrapping Ideas
- Nail Polish Dipped Mugs For A Fun and Cheap DIY Gift
- Cheap DIY Fall Pumpkin Decoration
We just love how easy our homemade wrapping was to create!
Follow us on Pinterest, Youtube or Facebook for more DIY inspiration!
Cheap DIY Word Gift Wrap Idea
- Brown Bag or Kraft Paper
- Paint Marker
- Cut bag open to have a large piece of paper.
- Use a gold paint marker and write a word repeated across the page.
- Wrap gift normally.
- Optional: Add twine, ribbons or other gift wrap ideas.
How to Recycle Brown Bags Into Gift Wrap
- Remove handles.
- Cut down the side seam
- Cut the bottom rectangle off.
- Open the bag.