Natural & easy label removal ideas
If you are like us, you always are looking to repurpose and recycle everyday objects. From DIY anniversary decorations to easy spray-painted crafts, wine bottles fit this bill. But what is the easiest way to get the wine label off? Here is a simple baking soda method to help you easily remove those labels and stickers.
You can try any method on any sticker residue. However, just make to test whatever method you are using on a hidden spot first.
If you want to save the wine label, then you may want to check out this article on how to preserve wine labels and also look into wine label removal sheets. While I do like a good wine, I don’t need to save the labels.
How to easily remove labels with baking soda
Make sure you watch the video in this post for the whole process.
Baking Soda and Water Soak
1. Fill the sink with warm water.
2. Add 5-10 tablespoons to the mixture in the sink.
3. Place the wine bottle in the sink (make sure that it fills up so that the labels are submerged in water).
4. Soak for 30 minutes
5. Pull label or scrape the label off.
6. Use a green ruff sponge, old plastic credit card, or steel wool if any areas are stubborn. Here you can see that we used an old coupon card to help scrape off the sticker residue.
7. Optional: Resoak the wine bottle in the sink for an extra 5 minutes to help get the extra gunk off and wipe it with a towel.
Want other label removal ideas?
We tried out a few more easy ways to get rid of sticker residue in this post. See if rubbing alcohol, vinegar, boiling water, or a store-bought product is the best way to get rid of labels and stickers.
Other sticker removal ideas
Wine label removal sheets-These are great to try if you want to try to keep the wine label intact.
Razor Blade and Steam