White paint can be so tricky or so easy depending on the way you look at it. Don’t let all the overwhelming white paint color options confuse you. Compare and contrast some of the most popular white cabinet paint colors to help you make the right color choice for your home.
Once you make a decision for your painted white cabinets you probably won’t be questioning if you chose the right color palette. No matter what white paint you choose, you will be amazed at how it can brighten your space. Go for it and don’t look back.
Most Popular White Paint Colors
Here are a few of the best white paints for kitchen cabinets. Keep reading to see examples of real white kitchen cabinets in these colors.
- Benjamin Moore White Dove
- Benjamin Moore Chantilly Lace
- Benjamin Moore Simply White
- Benjamin Moore Swiss Coffee
- Sherwin Williams High Reflective White-Base color to the Urethane Trim Enamel Paint
- Sherwin Williams Alabaster
- Sherwin Williams Pure White
- Behr Polar is the coolest color of the paints listed.
- Behr Polar Bear White
- Behr Ultra Pure White–Base paint color for the Cabinet Trim Enamel Line
Best Finish For Cabinet Paints
- The most common paint finish in kitchens was satin. A high-quality satin paint will clean well and it will have enough shine to showcase your cabinetry while hiding imperfections.
- However, sometimes you may want a little extra shine and semi-gloss can also work well on cabinets. I don’t think you can go wrong with either one. Semi-gloss will show imperfections a little more, but you will never have a problem wiping your kitchen cabinets clean!
- The most important part is to truly make sure you are using high-quality paints and don’t go below a satin finish.
17 Real-Life White Painted Kitchen Cabinets
Best Benjamin Moore White Paint Colors For Cabinets
BM White Dove, BM Simply White, BM Decorator's White, and BM Chantilly Lace & BM Swiss Coffee are cult favorites among designers.
Best Sherwin Williams White For Cabinets
Best Behr White Paint For Cabinets
Polar White and the base Behr white are two white colors that can work for your kitchen cabinets.
Other White Paints To Consider
Sometimes you might want to try other white paint options or just get cabinetry in the base white color. Here are a few other white kitchens for your inspiration.
Tips For Choosing A White Paint Color
- Use large peel-and-stick paint samples when testing out paint colors on kitchen cabinets. A wall is more forgiving when it comes to extra brush strokes or textures showing where you sampled the paint.
- You can also paint on a piece of tagboard or watercolor paint to create a larger sample.
- Our favorite paint line for kitchen cabinets is Sherwin Williams Urethane Trim Enamel paint because of the convenience of using a paint that you can clean with water while getting the finish of oil-based paints.
- Another great line to consider is Benjamin Moore Pro Advance. Either company can match the other’s colors.
White Paint FAQs
Ultimately cabinet color choice will depend on your personal preference. Both white and off-white can work well for kitchen cabinets. Pure white cabinets can give a modern and clean feel. While off-white cabinets may help create a cozy farmhouse or traditional vibe. Just make sure to test large cool samples in your own space since colors may look different due to a variety of factors.
Pure White: A bright, clean, and versatile white that works well in any style of kitchen.
Snowbound: A warm and creamy white with a hint of gray that can create a cozy and inviting feel.
Alabaster: A soft and subtle white with a warm undertone that can add depth and character to a space.
Extra White: A crisp and bright white that can create a modern and minimalist look.
High Reflective White: A pure and brilliant white that can make a space feel larger and more open.
Simply White – A classic and versatile white that works in any space.
Chantilly Lace – A bright and crisp white perfect for trim.
Decorator’s White – A cool and clean white for modern spaces.
White Dove – A soft and warm white with a hint of gray for a cozy feel.
Cloud White – A warm and creamy white for traditional or farmhouse-style spaces.
This refers to the undertones of the paint. You will notice that Alabaster is a pretty warm paint where it is more of a creamy white paint and Behr Polar White definitely goes on the cool side where some people can see greens.
- How To Paint Kitchen Cabinets
- How To Whitewash Brick
- Tips For DIY Kitchen Cabinet Painting
- How To Repaint Bathroom Cabinets Black
Painting your kitchen cabinets white is one of the easiest ways to elevate your home without breaking the bank. With these top picks for white kitchen cabinet paint colors, your space will be stylish, modern, and inviting.