We love DIY projects that give you a huge bang for your buck. Painting or “re” staining your old cabinets is truly a great way to update your home with little cost. Here are 16+ bathroom cabinet paint colors to help inspire your budget-friendly bathroom makeover.
Bathroom Paint Color Ideas
We rounded up some of our favorite colors from classic white cabinets to black cabinets and every bright color in between. Make sure you get through the whole list to see all of these cabinet color ideas. And while you are at it, you may want to consider painting your countertops or faucet as well!
- Make sure you are using a line of paint meant for cabinets.
- Proper prep and priming may be needed.
- Always start with a clean surface before painting kitchen and bathroom cabinets. Most likely you will want to use a deglosser on a lint-free rag to completely prep the surface.
- We recommend removing doors and drawers whether using a paint sprayer or brush and roller.
- If your cabinet box, drawer faces, and vanity box are in good condition then your finished DIY bathroom vanity makeover will turn out well. Make sure you repair anything fully before trying to paint.
- If your cabinet box is in good condition but the doors are outdated or damaged, consider replacing them with new cabinet doors. This can be an effective way to makeover your cabinets without the demo and hassle of a completely new vanity.
- Sherwin Williams Jasper 6216
- Sherwin Williams Tricorn Black
- Color-matched Cracked Pepper by Behr
- Hale Navy Color Match in Behr Paint
- Rust-Oleum Cabinet Transformation in Nightfall
- Annie Sloan Napoleonic Blue Chalk Paint
- Store-bought vanity, but we love the color with gold new hardware
- HGTV HOME by Sherwin-Williams Coriander And Olive Interior
- Behr Charcoal Blue Latex Enamel Semi-Gloss
- DecoArt Satin Enamels Paint in True Teal
- Behr Underwater
- Benjamin Moore White Dove
- Sherwin Williams Useful Gray
- Minwax Red Elm Gel Stain
- General Finishes Java Gel Stain
Our Favorite DIY Vanity
We are in love with the dark and moody but sophisticated feel of #5. They always do a great job mixing metals and adding their personality into their designs.
Do you need help choosing bathroom paint colors?
We recently just tried Samplize and it totally beats having to buy individual paint samples. These 9″ x 14.75″ samples will get shipped directly to you and save the hassle of clean-up (we loved that).
You can also read our full Samplize review here.
Also, if you are unsure about the type of paint to use to paint cabinets, we share some of our DIY cabinet painting tips and frequently asked questions we get in this post.
If you like color #8: you won’t believe all that was able to be painted in our house using the same gallon of paint.
Cabinet Color Trends
We love this trending color for kitchen cabinets and keep seeing this colored cabinet everywhere!
We also are noticing more mixed metals and fun faucets. Whether painting or repainting cabinets, we can’t wait to see more ways we can use these popular colors.
Classic colors are still in style. We still love seeing stained or light wood, light gray and white bathroom vanities (check them all out below)!
Darker Painted Bathroom Cabinets
From navy to darker gray, these bathroom painted cabinets are modern and clean-looking. These bathrooms just prove that you don't have to shy away from richer colors on your cabinets.
Blue and Green Cabinet Color Ideas
Cool colors seem to be completely on trend. From the navy cabinets above to more green cabinet colors below. Greens and blues are the perfect tranquil vibe for any bathroom.
Neutral Bathroom Vanity Colors
We can't forget classic white cabinets, wood tones or gray painted bathroom cabinets. Add any accent colors in your bathroom to get a completely fresh look.
Bathroom Cabinet Color FAQs
We love it when the cabinets are a different color than the bathroom walls. Don’t be scared to add a splash of color to your bathroom cabinets. It is the perfect place to have some fun with color. If you have a small space, you may want lighter walls to help brighten the whole space.
Typically cabinets end up being darker for this reason. However, we do love a nice crisp white cabinet in a bathroom design. Architectural Digest gives a few awesome tips on how to help lighten dark bathrooms such as layered lighting and adding extra reflective surfaces.
Looking at our list of bathroom makeovers it appears that different blue cabinet colors seem to really be making a splash in these DIY makeovers. From the classic Hale Navy-inspired color to a more muted Charcoal Blue, blues seem to be the new gray cabinet color when it comes to the bathroom.
This is a personal preference, but most painted bathroom vanities have paint on the outside of the cabinet box, drawer face, and doors (front in back). There is a lip on the cabinet that can be a good stopping point if you do not want to completely paint the inside.
- 16 Cheap Ways to Makeover Your Bathroom
- 40+ Epic DIY Shelves For Any Home Decor Style
- 8 Ceiling Ideas That Make An Impact
Updating your bathroom vanity and cabinets with a fresh coat of paint can give your space a whole new look while keeping you on a budget. By choosing the right color, you can create a cohesive and stylish design that complements the rest of your bathroom decor.
We think it is time to try a bathroom vanity makeover. Not only will you create a modern space with one of these popular paint colors but it will help you stay on budget.